Matcha Sweet soda recipe
1. Fill a medium sized glass with ice cubes.
2. Into your chosen matcha bowl (we recommend a lipped bowl for pouring is the best)
3. Put 3g (1 teaspoon) of Ippuku tea matcha into the bowl using a tea strainer.
4. Add 50ml of boiled water to the matcha and using a whisk, whisk the matcha until well blended and frothy (for best results we recommend using a handmade bamboo whisk - see our 'how to brew matcha' section for more info).
5. Then add 3 heaped teaspoons of sugar (or sweetener of your choice e.g. xylitol or honey) to the matcha, and whisk again to ensure the hot water has dissolved the sugar.
6. Very carefully pour your matcha over the ice cubes into your glass.
7. Stir the matcha together with the ice cubes to make sure it turns icy cold.
8. Then top-up your drink with fresh soda water.
Enjoy as an occasional sweet treat!